You are here
Terms & conditions
Sorry, we cannot accommodate children under the age of 16. We do not have extra beds. We can accommodate only adults of 16 years of age or more.
No pets allowed.
For the benefit of all our guests, El gran sueño is a 100% smoke-free establishment. This includes the garden.
Arrival and departure times
Arrival is after 5pm and before 8pm. Departure time is by 12 noon please. This allows us to air, disinfect and prepare our spaces between guests. We might not be able to allow access to the house outside of these hours without prior agreement with El gran sueño.
Bookings and payment
A valid physical debit or credit card is required to make a booking. We will not charge your card at the time of making the booking. For your own security, and complying with the EU Directive PSP2, after making the reservation we will send you an email and/or msm message with a secure payment link to our virtual TPV.
We accept MasterCard or Visa cards (we do not accept American Express or Diners). By entering your credit card details you agree to El gran sueño´s terms and conditions. The customer accepts El gran sueño taking pre authorisations and/or payment up to the full amount of your reservation.
- Payment of reservations with “flexible rate”: 25% of the total reservation will be charged within the following 24 hours after making the reservation. The remaining 75% will be charged at least 7 days before the arrival date for room bookings, and at least 28 days before the arrival date for apartment bookings.
- Payment of reservations with "best rate" (non-refundable): 100% of the total reservation will be charged within the following 24 hours after reservation.
The reservation will not be confirmed nor guaranteed until we have received the deposit (25% for reservations with "flexible rate"; 100% for reservations with "best rate"). If we have not received this payment within 24 hours after making the reservation (2 hours if the arrival date is within the following 7 days after making the reservation), the reservation will be automatically cancelled.
Grace period: Customers have 24 hours after booking to cancel without cost or 2 hours if the arrival date is within the following 7 days.
We are a small business, with only 5 rooms and 3 self-catering suites. Your reservation is very important to us and we would certainly miss your visit. We pride ourselves in a fair cancellation policy, as we understand that excepcional circumstances may result in a change of plans. However, we strongly advise you to take out travel insurance to cover you in case you need to cancel.
Grace period: Customers have 24 hours after booking to cancel without cost or 2 hours if the booking is for an arrival date within the following 7 days.
Cancellation requests of reservations with a "flexible tariff" shall only be considered if made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org up to 7 days before check-in at midday, 30 days for the suites:
- If cancelled by 15:00 (CET) at least 30 days before arrival, or 60 days before arrival in the case of the apartment, we will refund your 25% deposit minus a 25€ administration fee.
- If cancelled by 15:00 (CET) at least 7 days before arrival, or 30 days before arrival in the case of the apartments, the cancellation fee will be equal to your 25 % deposit.
- If cancelled within 7 days of check-in, 30 days in the case of the apartments, and in the event of no show, no refund will be made. You authorise the hotel to take the final payment of 75 % from your card if it has not been paid yet.
- If cancelled partway through your stay, no refunds will be made for the nights not used.
We cannot process a cancellation request by telephone or text.
Any refund is subject to a €25 administration fee.
Cancellations or modifications are not permitted on “best tariff” (non-refundable) or special offers. Customers have a 24 hours’ grace period after booking to cancel without a cost.
Reservations made using gift vouchers may not be modified and are non-refundable. Customers have a 24 hours’ grace period after booking to cancel without a cost, 2 hours if the arrival date is in the following 7 days.
These cancellation policies apply to direct bookings only. We reserve the right to refuse refunds on any deposits or pre payments for bookings made through third party websites.
Cancellation due to COVID-19
For bookings made with both "best/mejor" and "flexible" tariffs:
- If we (El gran sueño) have to cancel your stay, we will refund your money.
- If you are unable to travel due to government enforced restrictions, we will offer you a voucher equivalent to the amount you have paid, so that you can use it in a future stay with us.
- If you are unable to travel because you contract COVID-19, or you have to self-isolate, we may be able to offer a voucher for the nights that we can successfully resell. If you prefer, we can issue the corresponding invoice so that you can claim the expense to your travel insurance. We will require medical certification.
If for any unforeseen reason we have to cancel your booking, a full refund of any deposit or prepayment made will be granted, with no further claim against the owners of El gran sueño.
No smoking policy
El gran sueño is 100% smoke-free. Smoking is not permitted inside any part of the house nor the suites/apartments. Should it be brought to our attention that smoking has taken place, a refreshing fee of €100 will be applicable. We would be grateful if you don´t throw your smoking rubbish in the bins inside the rooms. You can smoke in the public square outside El gran sueño and put your rubbish in the containers available in the square.
A charge of €100 will be taken in the event of a lost key. This covers the change of the lock and the cost of a new key.
We are more than happy to post any lost items subject to the costs of postage. We reserve the right to give to charity or dispose of lost property if it is unclaimed 2 weeks from the departure date.
Breakages and damage
We ask all guests to treat the house as if they were staying with us personally, leaving it clean and tidy.
In the case of stays in the rooms. We reserve the right to charge to your credit or debit card the cost for any damage done to your room or suite (self-catering apartment) or its contents during your stay or for any items that are missing when you leave.
In the case of stays in the suites/apartmentes, all guests accept a €250 housekeeping / security bond for each reservation. This will be added to the ending balance. Please inform us of any breakages or damage so we can repair / replace before the next guests arrive. We understand that there is general everyday wear and tear on the place, however, if damage, breakages or cleaning are excessive, then additional payment will be required that could be in excess of the €250 housekeeping / security bond. El gran sueño reserve the right to seek additional compensation from guests if damage / breakage / cleaning is deemed to be greater than €250. When no damage occurs, the housekeeeping / security bond will be refunded via the same payment method, generally within two weeks after departure.
Privacy and security policy
El gran sueño, in compliance with the Ley Orgánica de Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal 15/99, of December, 13th, (LOPD), and the Ley de Servicios de la Sociedad de la Información y de Comercio Electrónico 34/02, of July 11th, (LSSICE), is committed to rigorously comply with the existing legislation regarding the treatment of personal data and the security of the information, with the aim of assuring that the data provided by our customers is done with the security level that avoids that these data are lost or manipulated.
If you do sign up for our mailing list, your data will not be disclosed to any company outside of el gran sueño and we will only contact you about El gran sueño and our other ventures.
This site includes a variety of materials created by different members of the El gran sueño team. Although these works may be freely accessible on the World Wide Web and may not include any statement about copyright, the works are nevertheless protected by copyright. Users must assume that works are protected by copyright until they learn otherwise.