Important notes on COVID-19 safety strategy and cancelations
Here at el gran sueño our staff and guests' safety paramount. For this reason we are employing some special protocols this season. We kindly ask each guest to read the following article to familiarise themselves with our policy to ensure their safety and the safety of our staff and other guests.
The following steps have been taken to ensure a safe environment for all our staff and guests:
Training all staff on our prevention plan for both employees and guests.
Protection of staff by providing them with face masks and gloves.
Our staff will have their temperature taken daily.
Check in online. In order to speed-up the check-in process and avoid any unnecessary waiting we have implemented an on-line check-in system using a mobile phone app. You will receive your unique check-in code and instructions 3 days prior to your arrival.
We pride ourselves in maintaining a very high standard of cleanliness. In addition to our normal cleaning routine we shall ensure that commonly used surfaces, such as door handles, TV remotes, hairdryers, etc. are cleaned with disinfectant spray in between each guest.
We have removed non-essential elements in the rooms such as: decorative cushions, spare blankets, magazines, etc.
Mattress and pillows and soft furnishings shall be sprayed with SANYTOL ® disinfectant.
Bed linen and towels are always washed by industrial laundry guaranteeing disinfection.
Rooms will be ventilated for at least 30 minutes to maintain the best air quality.
Rooms cannot be cleaned whilst guests remain inside.
Hydrogel will be available for general use in common areas and at each door to enter the house.
Guests should make payments using contactless technology where possible. We cannot accept cash.
Breakfast is served on a reservation basis. Guests should reserve their time slot the day before.
Flexibility of our cancellation policy for both types of tariff ("mejor/best" and "flexible"):
- If we (El gran sueño) have to cancel your stay, we will refund your money.
- If the cancellation is due to government enforced restrictions, we will offer you a voucher equivalent to the amount you have paid, so that you can use it in a future stay with us.
- If you are unable to travel because of self-isolation, we may be able to offer a voucher for the nights that we can successfully resell. If you prefer, we can issue the corresponding invoice so that you can claim the expense to your travel insurance.
Please advise us as soon as possible if you are unable to travel.
The following are important notes you should read to ensure your safety, the safety of other guests and the safety of our staff. Please read them carefully and let us know if you need anything clarifying.
- You should test your temperature before you travel. If you have a temperature you should follow procedures recommended by your local authority. If this means that you are unable to travel, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss how we may help. The same applies if you have had any COVID-19 symptoms, or have been in close contact with anyone with symptoms in the past 14 days.
- We will check your temperature on arrival. If you have a fever you will be required to seek medical advice before we are able to allow you to stay, it may affect your entitlement to a voucher refund if you arrive carrying the virus.
- If you have to cancel your stay due to Spanish government enforced travel restrictions you will be refunded for any deposit paid in the form of a voucher valid for 2 years.
- If you have to cancel due to self-isolation we will refund any deposit paid in the form of a voucher valid for 2 years. In this case you will be required to provide official evidence to support your claim.
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms whilst you are staying with us, you and any travel companion should stay in your room and inform us by telephone immediately. We will help you get in contact with the local health authorities who will be able to assist you further.
- You should make use of a face mask in the communal areas if you are unable to maintain the safe 1.5 metre recommended safety distance.
- We kindly request that you disinfect your hands with the alcohol gel provided when entering and leaving the house. Please do not remove the gel bottles from the tables as these are for the free use of every guest.
- If you cough or sneeze please do so into your elbow or a handkerchief.
- You will have paid for your stay using our on-line payment gateway. If you have anything further to pay on check-out we would prefer that you use a contactless payment method. If your card issuer does not provide this, please let us know and we will email a payment link for you to complete your check-out securely.
- Check-in time is 17:00 and check-out is 12:00. Please respect these times. 3 days prior to your arrival we will provide you with a link to check-in online. By doing so you will speed up the process and avoid unnecessary queues in reception.
- We will be running a reservation system for breakfast. This will ensure that we are able to maintain safe distance between guests during breakfast. Please make your reservation for breakfast the day before to avoid any unnecessary waiting.