Everyday cookies - Vegan
These are a favourite that accompanies our breakfast every day. They're simple to make and absolutely delicious.
Makes about 24 cookies
- 20g Water
- 90g coconut oil
- 70g Panella sugar (unrefined whole cane sugar)
- 40g treacle
- 110g Self-raising flour
- 110g oat flakes
- 7-10 dried apricots, cut into small pieces
- 30g sunflower seeds
- Combine the water, oil sugar and treacle over a low heat stir with a whisk until fully combined.
- Meanwhile, mix the dry ingredients in another bowl. use your hands to coat the apricot pieces well in the flour so they do not stick together.
- Once the sugar/oil mix is ready, combine with the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Make small balls and flatten them on a baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160ºC for 12 minutes (180ºC for non-fan assisted).
Tools for the job
- mixing bowl
- baking tray and oven
- Dampen your fingers when making the little balls and flattening the mixture, this will avoid a sticky mess.
- You can make the biscuits and freeze the dough without baking. When you are ready, preheat the oven to 160ºc and bake for 12 minutes, just the same and perfect every time!