Chocolate Chip Cookies
Delicious Panela Sugar and Chocolate Chip cookies, crispy outside and soft inside. Perfect balance of sweetness and chocolate flavor. Tempting delight in every bite!
- 100g panela sugar
- 80g granulated sugar
- 140g Butter
- 1 Egg
- 240g plain flour (preferably W180 flour)
- 140g chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of Salt
- In a large bowl, add 100g panela Sugar, 80g Granulated Sugar, and 140g Butter. Beat with an electric mixer or a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy.
- Add the Egg to the mixture and continue beating until well incorporated and the mixture is smooth and homogeneous.
- In another bowl, combine 240g Flour, 1 teaspoon Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon Baking Soda, and a pinch of Salt. Mix these dry ingredients well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the sugar and butter mixture. Mix everything until the dry ingredients are fully incorporated, and you have a uniform dough.
- Add the 140g Chocolate Chips to the dough and mix to distribute them evenly.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap or cling film and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours, or up to 8 hours. This step helps develop flavors and firms up the dough, resulting in tastier and better-textured cookies.
- Once the dough has rested in the fridge, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Form small balls of dough and place them on a baking sheet, leaving enough space between them as the cookies will spread during baking.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden but the center is still slightly soft.
- Once baked, remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies with panela sugar! Remember, you can adjust the baking time based on your desired cookie texture (softer or crispier).
Tools for the job
To make these delicious Brown Sugar and Chocolate Chip cookies, you'll need the following utensils:
- Large bowl: For mixing the wet and dry ingredients of the dough.
- Electric mixer or wooden spoon: To cream sugars, butter, and egg until smooth.
- Medium-sized bowl: For combining dry ingredients like flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Spatula: To assist in mixing ingredients and scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Plastic wrap or cling film: To cover the dough before refrigeration.
- Baking sheet: Where you'll place the dough balls before baking.
- Parchment paper or silicone baking mat: To line the baking sheet and prevent cookies from sticking.
- Oven: For baking the cookies.
- Cooling rack: To cool the cookies after baking.
- Cookie scoop or portioning spoon: To measure and shape uniform dough balls.
- Flat spatula: To transfer baked cookies to the cooling rack.
These utensils will assist you in efficiently preparing the cookies and achieving the desired outcome. Enjoy baking and savoring these delicious treats!
- Double up the recipe and freeze the uncooked cookie balls, bake them from frozen for an extra couple of minutes, they're perfect every time.